Thursday, May 19, 2011

Drooling over Retro Decor



I get on these kicks from time to time about buying things I don't need. Now, I want to scratch this itch that's developed to redecorate my bedroom.

My boyfriend is going to hate me when I do it, but I'm not going to tell him yet... (and I think I'm safe posting it here because I'm not entirely sure if he reads this - if so, love you honey, thanks for reading!)

Right now I have a 1930s bedroom set I inherited from my grandma, it was my Great Aunt Dolphine's. It's brown, very deco and very beautiful. Included is a full bed, with high headboard, set of drawers, and a long mirror in a two tone brown, very deep rich brown and a medium mahogany.

I did this once when I was in high school, but now I want to glam it up make it classy and a bit more adult. I am urging to do a scheme of leopard print, blacks, browns and a splash of color, like pink or red.

I'm yearning to buy things like these:


Ideally, I would like to have black or leopard print sheets, no duvet. I have a brown one that will suffice until I infest in a really nice, soft black one. This investment is black is totally illogical though, I have two white cats who shed with a sneeze. But logic never speaks to me, so the adventure will thus continue.

Also, when at the Antique Mall, I found these beautiful lamps that I want to incorporate into my apartment somehow. Pray they are still there when I get paid again..

Oh... the pangs of being broke and having a man in your life that hates leopard print...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?